Waiheke Wedding package FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do you transfer our guests to the wedding?
Most Weddings will have some guests staying on the island and some travelling from Auckland.
For guests coming from Auckland:
- We send an air-conditioned coach to meet the group at the ferry terminal.
- The driver personally meets the group with a signboard with your group name written on it.
- The guests will be escorted to the coach and transferred to your venue in time for the ceremony.
For guests staying on the island:
- They usually stay in Motels, Apartments, Holiday Baches, or with friends
- Supply us with a list of these details and we can dispatch vehicles to these locations and collect your guests at similar times
- If these locations are not accessible by larger vehicles, we will send individual taxis to collect the guests
- We can also collect from main centre bus stops if that is more convenient.
- Waiheke Executive Transport is the only company that has a fleet of vehicles that can offer this individual type of service.
Q: How do you transfer our guests’ to home after the wedding?
Most guests will stay until the end of your reception but there may be some who appreciate an earlier courtesy transfer. Numbers are flexible on the evening and departure times are up to you. Below is a sample timetable. Please note 12 midnight is the latest we can take bookings for coach transfers from a private venue. For Vineyard restaurants and licensed premises, it is 1am. Example departure times:
- 10.30pm for the 11pm ferry
- 11pm for accommodation on the island
- 12.00 midnight for the 12.30am ferry
- 12:00 midnight for accommodation
Q: Can you adapt to our changing wedding plans?
Wedding planning usually starts months out and we fully understand that you won’t have accurate numbers until your invitations have been confirmed. Initially you only need to estimate the numbers to book the transport for your event. As a starting point, if you expect 100 guests, we will assume that 50 are on island and 50 are coming from Auckland. This can be easily adjusted once you have more exact figures. We allow changes to the plan up to two weeks out from the event so you can add or subtract numbers from the list. It will also take some time to find out where everyone is staying, so again, this information is only needed in the last two weeks. If your guests don’t supply all the locations, we can set times for a pickup at the main centre bus stops such as Onetangi, Ostend, Palm Beach and Oneroa. If there are last minute changes on the day, you can call our Duty Manager and he will arrange these for you.
Q: What packages can we choose from?
Full Transfer Package:
- Transfer to the event from main centre accommodation (Oneroa, Palm Beach, Ostend, Onetangi) and ferries.
- Return Transfers at the end of the evening to ferries and accommodation.
Return Only Package:
- End of the evening transfers to Ferries and main centre accommodation (Oneroa, Palm Beach, Ostend, and Onetangi).
Q: How do we get a more detailed quote?
Please send an email to email@example.com Please provide your wedding venue, date, approximate number of guests, and special requirements. We will send you an obligation free quote
Q: How do we book?
We ask for a deposit to confirm your booking. The balance is due 10 days before the event. By this time, the number of guests requiring transport will be confirmed, and the balance will adjust accordingly.
Q: What else can you help us with
We are happy to entertain any request. Our most common requests are for:
- Individual transport for the bridal party, grooms party, celebrant or other VIP’s
- Take the bridal party away for a photo shoot. We can cater for any size bridal group and we know the best spots for stunning photo’s
- Wedding tours to the island’s highlights. Popular choices include:
- Vineyard tours and lunch
- Day spas
- Eco-Zip Adventure
- Wine, beer, spirits and olive oil tastings
- Laser clay target shooting and archery
Reasons to Choose the Team at Waiheke Executive Transport
- You want the absolute best for your guests
- Our service is second to none on Waiheke. We are the preferred transport provider for most of the island’s major venues due to the premium service we can offer.
- You can relax
- Our goal is for you to enjoy the magic of your wedding day. We’ll get everybody there on time. We’ll handle every aspect of transport logistics for your wedding day.
- We’re part of your team
- We’ll be in contact with you right up to the day. We know that your wedding is unique, and your requirements can change at short notice. We’ll create a plan especially for you and adjust it when needed.
- On the day, a duty manager is assigned to you. Any guests with questions or concerns on the day can call us on 09 372 0089 to speak with the duty manager who will ensure they are looked after.
- This is what we do
- We specialise in passenger transport on Waiheke Island, providing quality transport services for any special event.
- We have been providing wedding transport for more than15 years.
- We are the preferred transport operator for many of the major wedding venues.
- We can pick up from either Matiatia (Fullers ferry) or Kennedy Point (Sea Link ferry).
- You want to create an unforgettable experience
- You’ve spent months (or years) planning all the elements of your special day, do you want your guests to arrive fresh, rested, and excited?
- We’ll treat all your guests as VIP’s and give them the 5-star service you want for them so that every element of your wedding day creates a complete experience beginning to end.
- All our vehicles are modern, comfortable and air-conditioned. All our drivers are friendly, trained service professionals
- Your transport is exclusive to you.
- We cater for wedding groups of all sizes
- We are the only transport operator on Waiheke with a fleet of more than 35 vehicles ranging from taxi sedans to 37-seater coaches
- We can carry any number of passengers comfortably, from just one person up to groups of 200.
Ready to find out more?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your wedding date, approximate number of guests, questions, and any special requirements. We will send you an obligation free quote